Last updated: February 24, 2022
Our website (the “Site”) is brought to you by NetBenefit Software (“NetBenefit”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). NetBenefit respects the privacy of its customers and users of its Site (“Customer”, “you”, or “your”) and strives to protect the security of the personal information it receives.
Interpretations and Definitions
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to NetBenefit Software, PO Box 12 STN C, St. John’s, NL A1C 5H5.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Canada (Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Device means any device that can access the Sites such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Products refer to applications and modules.
- Site refers to the Website.
- Services refer to implementation and product use.
Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated using the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- User refers to the individual accessing or using the services.
- You refer to the individual accessing or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
We may collect the following information when you use our Site:
Profile and Contact Information
We receive the personal information you provide, such as your name, phone number, and email address, when you sign up our newsletter, or when you contact us to request a demo regarding any Products. We use this information in connection with the provision of services via the Site and Applications. We may also use this information to contact you regarding our products and services, and, in connection with certain products. This includes product-related news and other news and information that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from these communications, please let us know.
Our systems automatically record information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, mobile device identifier, browser type and characteristics, operating system details, language preferences, referring URLs, length of visits, pages viewed, and whether and how frequently you use the Products. We use this information to understand users’ preferences, to better serve users, and to improve our Products and Services.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Information from Third-Party Social Media Services include Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
If you decide to grant us access through a Third-Party Social Media Service, we may collect Personal data that is already associated with your Third-Party Social Media Service’s account, such as your name, your email address, or your contact list associated with that account.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how you can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary/Essential Cookie
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: NetBenefit
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services we cannot provide you with top quality service.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
- Necessary/Essential Cookie
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our site and services, including monitoring visitors, prospects, and customers.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Site.
- To contact: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide: With news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer, or enquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our sites, to contact you.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations for, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With Your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
NetBenefit will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, NetBenefit may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Legal and Compliance
NetBenefit may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect legal liability
Our Site, Services, and Products do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to other Websites