Indigenous Relations Policy
Updated: April 25th, 2022
At NetBenefit, we acknowledge that Indigenous Peoples in the land now called Canada, and abroad, have suffered, and continue to suffer, from systematic injustice. This injustice exists in the legal system, in our economy, and in broader society. We whole-heartedly support the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) and legislation intended to advance Reconciliation. Beyond our support for Reconciliation, UNDRIP, and associated legislation, we believe that being a true ally goes beyond saying the right words and publishing carefully crafted statements. Being a true ally requires tangible action.
NetBenefit is committed to being a true partner by taking everyday actions that all companies should take, and actions that we are uniquely positioned for based on our line of business. This includes:
- Working to continuously improve our understanding of Indigenous history and the injustices faced by Indigenous Peoples
- Procuring services provided by Indigenous-owned companies where possible
- Hiring and supporting Indigenous employees where possible
- Partnering with Indigenous-owned and Indigenous-aligned companies
- Providing our software solutions to support the socio-economic development of Indigenous Communities
- Providing our software solutions for initiatives that preserve knowledge within Indigenous Communities
- Speaking up when we witness actions that go against, diminish or dismiss the rights of Indigenous Peoples and/or Reconciliation.
As a company, and as individuals, we will always work to improve ourselves, be respectful of others, and do the right thing to be an ally to Indigenous Peoples and a partner in advancing Reconciliation. This is a living policy and will be refined over time. Please don’t hesitate to reach out directly if you have any concerns or questions.